Matthew Ezra Miller (b. September 30, 1992) is an American actor. He is known as Barry Allen / The Flash in the DC comics Extended Universe, and he has participated in movies such as City Island (2009), Another Happy Day (2011) We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) and interpreting Patrick in The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012).
Ezra Miller grew up in the community of Wyckoff in Bergen County, New Jersey. His mother, Martha, is a dancer. His father, Robert, was vice president and general manager in Hymperion Books, a grouping of Walt Disney Company responsible for the publication of books for adults.
Miller is trained as a singer, and has sung with the Metropolitan Opera. When he was six, he performed at the US premiere of Philip Glass: Contemporary Opera White Raven. He attended Hudson School, but left at sixteen.
Miller began his acting career in 2008 with Afterschool in which he played a teenager in school. After that, Miller appeared in City Island (2009), with Andy Garcia, Julianna Margulies and Steven Strait. He also starred in Beware the Gonzo and Every Day, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. In the latter movie, he played a gay teenager with Liev Schreiber and Helen Hunt as her parents. Miller later appeared a movie of BBC Films, We Need to Talk About Kevin with John C. Reilly and Tilda Swinton, which was directed and adapted by Lynne Ramsay, which is based on a novel of the same name published in 2003 by writer American Lionel Shriver. The film became a sensation in Cannes Film Festival, winning praise from the critics. Miller also acted as Damien in the television series Californication Showtime. He appeared in Royal Pains as Tucker Bryant for two seasons.
His last role was Patrick in the film adaptation of the novel The Perks of Being a Wallflower, alongside with Logan Lerman and Emma Watson. The movie premiered on September 14, 2012.
In September 2013 he signed to act in the movie adaptation of the novel Madame Bovary, and its release was in 2014.
In October 2014, it was confirmed that will play Barry Allen, the superhero known as The Flash in the extended universe of films of DC Comics, playing Cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad (both in 2016), besides appearing in Justice League Part One (2017), he is also a part of Justice League Part Two (2019).
- 2008 Afterschool Robert
- 2009 City Island Vince Jr.
- 2010 Beware the Gonzo Eddie “Gonzo” Gilman
- 2011 Every Day Jonah
- 2011 Another Happy Day Elliot Hamptons International Film Festival: Breakthrough Performer
- 2011 We Need to Talk About Kevin Kevin Khatchadourian
- Nominated- British Independent Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated – Broadcast Film Critics Association for Best Young Actor
- 2012 The Perks of Being a Wallflower Patrick
- Awards Society of Boston Film Critics Best Supporting Actor
- the Hollywood Film Festival Outstanding Award
- Award of the Society of Film Critics San Diego Best Ensemble
- Nominated – Award of the Society of Detroit Film Critics Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated – Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor
- 2014 Madame Bovary Leon
- 2015 Donald Trainwreck
- 2015 The Stanford Prison Experiment Daniel Culp
- 2016 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Barry Allen / The Flash Cameo
- 2016 Suicide Squad The Flash Cameo
- 2016 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Credence